This was an idea that someone emailed to me a little while back. I wasn't quite sure how to capture the overall theme at first but this is what I came up with.
For this design I used the following:
- "Finger Paints" Base Coat
- "China Glaze" #1009 In the Lime Light (neon)
- "Finger Paints" Art Nouv-Yellow
- Acrylic Paints in Black, Red, Purple, Blue, Yellow and White
- "Joe Fresh" Matte Top Coat
These were easy to do and look great on short nails!
- Tip: When trying to achieve the look of animated eyes first use the back of a make-up brush or large dotting tool to place a black dot, then when dry dot a slightly smaller white dot on top of it (try to leave just a little of the black slowing to provide an outline). Then once the white it dry, use a toothpick to dot a tiny black dot over the white... Voila! You've got perfect cartoon eyes!!
Try these on your own nails and send me a picture of your artwork! Hope you enjoyed these!