Monday 5 March 2012

What color is your zebra?

Rainbow Zebra Nails
Today's nails were painted a while back but I got so many coments on them I figured I would let everyone know how I did them :-)

For this design you will need
- Sponge make-up pads
- "Beauty Secrets" Base Coat
- Assorted brightly colored nail polish (I think I used 6 colors)
- Acrylic paint in black
- "Finger Paints" Nail Polish in Paper Mache
- "Beauty Secrets" Top Coat

step1- First you will need to file and paint your nails with base coat followed by a white coat (paper mache).

step2- Tear off a piece of the make-up sponge and dip it into one of your brightly colored polishes. With this sponge dab small sections of your nails until all colors are on.

step3- Water down your acrylic paint and use a thin liner brush to paint on a zebra print.

step4- Once the acrylic paint has dried, paint on a top coat to seal in the colors.

This design is fairly messy (as you can see from the pucture above) use nail polish remover and an angled tip q-tip to remove and excess paint or polish that gets on your fingers.

Hope you enjoy this design. Please comment and check out my facebook page!

If you try these on your own nails send me a picture. Keep sending your requests to nailsbyvalentine@gmail.com

-Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment