Wednesday 11 April 2012

Turquoise Tussle

I went polish shopping this week and picked up a few new colors! One of the colors I picked was China Glaze's- For Audrey. It's such a beautiful color. When I arrived home I realized I already had a color almost identical (Orly's- Gumdrop)! Boy did I feel dumb! So you guessed it... Today's blog is all about compairing the two! :)

ROUND 1
Color: As far as the color goes they are almost identical. I thought that China Glaze had a little more blue while the Orly color had more white in the Formula. Color choice ultimately comes down to your own personal preference.

Winner: China Glaze For Audrey

ROUND 2
Formula: China Glaze's formula was a bit thick which made the drying time longer. Orly's formula was awesome, perfect  consistancy and it dried extreamly quickly!

Winner: Orly-Gumdrop

 ROUND 3
Cost: I picked up both of these colors from my local Sally Beauty store. China Glaze was $5.99 for 14ml (42.7 cents/ml), Orly was $6.49 for 18ml (36.1 cents/ml). Not much of a difference but the winner is obvious for this one.

Winner: Orly-Gumdrop

ROUND 4
Overall Wear: I was a little worried that the For Audrey would be the first to chip since it went on a little thicker than Gumdrop but both colors wore really well and actually chipped right around the same time.

Winner: Tie


So I guess it's obvious, Orly was my pick. Even though I liked China Glaze's color better there wasn't enough of a difference to over come the thick consistancy, slow drying time and more expensive price tag.

I hope you find this review helpful. Let me know what your winner is and why!

 Look for more nail design's using these colors, I think they are my new favorites!


-Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment