Monday 16 April 2012

Lovely Layers

Layered Nails
For today's nail design I wanted to try out a few of my newer polishes and see what they'd look like layered together!

For this design I used:

-"Beauty Secrets" Base Coat
-"China Glaze" nail polish in Dress Me Up
-"China Glaze" nail polish in Foie Gras
-"Finger Paints" nail polish in Paper Mache
-"Beauty Secrets" Top Coat

First I painted my nails with 2 coats of Dress Me Up, once this was dry I used a dotting tool and white polish to do a flower design in the lower corner of my nail. Once this was dry I used my dotting tool and my Foie Gras polish to do the same flower shape over the white polish (just leaving a small bit of it showing. And once that was dry I did another layer with the white polish. Finally once that was dry I used a toothpick to make a few decorative dots and toped it off with a good top coat to seal in my design.

This was really easy to do and has a long wear time. I'll definately be trying out other layered designs with some of my other summery nail colors!

Try this technique on your own nails and don't forget to send me a picture (nailsbyvalentine@gmail.com)

Check out my facebook page and tell me what you think!

Hope you enjoy!

-Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment