Thursday 9 February 2012

The Persistence of Memory

Salvador Dali Inspired Nails


I painted these a few weeks ago and entered them into a nail art competition, I didn't win but I had a lot of fun painting them anyways. I'm posting them today for those who didn't get to see them when I entered this design in the competition.

This design was inspired by Salvador Dali's painting which I think is amazing. I tried my best to incorporate the melting clocks.

For this design I used the following:

-"Finger Paints" Base Coat
-"Wet-n-Wild" Polish in Black Cream
-Acrylic paints in Black, White, Blue, Yellow, Purple and Red
-"Finger Paints" Top Coat

Tip #1: For this design I started with a solid black nail as my background. Use this as your outline. It's much easer to create a smooth outline first instead of having to get perfect outline after you've done all the detail work.

Tip #2: When using acrylic paints mix your pigments with white to make them opaque, once the "pastel" colors dry go over them with the more vibrant colors. This will reduce the number of times you have to go over the same line on your nail and reduce textured/clumpy nail art.

Hope you guys like this design, don't forget to send me a picture if you try it on your own nails!

Please send requests to nailsbyvalentine@gmail.com

-Valentine


1 comment:

  1. This is actually amazing!!!! I wish I had the talent to recreate them, wowww

    ReplyDelete