Monday 13 February 2012

Tea Time

Willow Blue - English Pottery Inspired Nails
Today's nails are inspired by vintage english pottery. I remember seeing tea sets like this when I was younger and thinking they were beautiful.

For this design I used the following:

-"Beauty Secrets" Base Coat
-"Sally Hansen-Complete Salon Manicure" Polish in Lavender Cloud
- Acrylic paint- Blue
-"Beauty Secrets" Top Coat

When this pottery was big many potters used a transfer technique that left some imperfections/ inconsistencies in the blue coloring; to achieve this type of look I really watered down the blue acrylic paint and went over different sections to create darker and lighter sections. Hope you like this design, let me know what you think.

If you try this on your own nails please send me a picture! Please keep sending your requests to nailsbyvalentine@gmail.com.

Come back tomorrow for my Valentine's Day nails!

-Valentine
My Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment